-

-

Sunday, October 20, 2013

9-16-13


Family,

This has been a pretty good week. Fortunately, I have more than 30 minutes to write today so I hope that I can use the time I DO have as effectively as I can. Sorry, Dad, for the part about the liquid gels. I siad they work like a charm because whenever I have a sore throat or muscle pain or something, I usually take one of those and the pain goes away pretty quick and all day. They do not work for migraines. Nothing seems to work for migraines, so I'm hoping those pills that I bought will do the trick. I'm glad that you were able to watch Elder Nelson's CES talk last week. I thought it would just perfect for you guys in how we need to work hard in life to get the things we need/want. Allright, now let me get to my week.
So Monday we had to be super super quick to shop and stuff because we had a lot to do including send in key indicators at the library. For our sports activity, I watched some of the elders wrestle/do jiu-jitsu (however you spell that). I didn't participate at all because I don't really know how to wrestle. I am sure Cody would've loved it though, because Elder Eliason is the Idaho state wrestling champion for his class. I don't know what class, but that's still impressive. We have a couple other wrestlers in our zone so they got to enjoy that. 

Tuesday for service, we primed behind some of the siding they installed in the houses. The backside hadn't been primed yet. We did that for 2 hours and got it all done with minimal paint on my clothes. I got it all over my hands, though, which is better than clothes. Later, we had interviews. Interviews were great! President Bell told me that next transfer (the first week in October), he will be collapsing the zone into one zone with me as one of the zone leaders. That means a lot more missionaries to go on exchanges with, haha! 

Wednesday was a blah day other than a lesson at a member's house. It was super good to be able to talk to these active members (a part of our bishopric) and re-ensure my testimony of the gospel of Christ. On Thursday we had a church tour with one of our investigators; the first church tour I've done since I was in Wamego over a year ago. The spirit definitely was there, but he kind of has a closed mind to church in general. We promised him that if he came, all of his concerns and doubts would be smothered. His main concern is that he sweats really easily (it's true, he does. It could be 70 degress just standing there, and he'd sweat). But we promised him that no one would judge him. So it's up to him to come and experience the true joy of the gospel. Later, we were given money for dinner so we chose to go to Applebee's. Yum-yum. I always get their Cowboy burger. It's so good. After that, we had our stake correlation meeting followed by a lesson with the girl that is on baptismal date for October 3rd. We talked about follow the prophet, keep the ten commandments, and baptism/confirmation with watching President Monson's general conference talk this past April. She loved it. All we're doing is teaching the lessons. She's is so ready and prepared that even anti-stuff that her Mom sends her doesn't phase her testimony. I was very impressed. 

That night, we began exchanges with the Rolling Hills Elders. The Elder I went with in his area is super opinionated but is a super hard worker. He has to do missionary work his way. It works, but we're just trying to get him to think outward and not inward. Don't get me wrong, he's a great missionary (not to mention hilarious), I'm just saying. I was with him all day on Friday and taught several individuals after a slow afternoon. 

The next day, we had stake conference. The priesthood leadership meeting was good. President Hansen as the Oklahoma City temple president was there along with President Bell. After some good addresses, I got to hear the Q&A session. It was a great meeting. I loved seeing all the members from Wellington that came up too. In the adult session, the second half of the meeting was super powerful. Our stake president invited all of the full time missionaries up to the stand where we sang the Kansas, Wichita mission song. The spirit was super powerful the whole time. I hope that pumped up the stake ot do their part in missionary work. 

The next day, we woke up at 5:30 because we had a correlation meeting with President Williams at 7 AM. It was tough to get up, and I think I am getting a little sick due to the lack of sleep. The investigator meeting before the general session was good, and the general session was okay. The stake youth choir sang, which was way good too. That night, it started raining a little. We haven't been getting too much rain, to answer your question. It's no way like what we had in July/early August. But that's pretty much my week! (Sorry, my time is winding down.)
The weather here is starting to cool down. This morning felt like an SD morning! It's supposed to get up to 90 this week then maybe go back down for a while. But anyways, I should probably go. I love y'all, and hope you're having a great week/day!

Love,
Elder Sutherland

No comments:

Post a Comment