Family,
When I read your e-mail to describe in one word what the week was like: sick! I thought you meant sick as in cool or awesome not physically sick. I think that was funny, haha. I love getting your e-mails and hearing about how everybody is doing. I have have a roller coaster week. Mostly it has been on the difficult side. I feel like my teaching has been not the best of late especially with very little appointments the past few days. But being a missionary it is always still good. It's awesome to hear that Michael gave his farewell talk. Man I hope he does well adjusting to the new environment. He will make a great missionary. Anyways, back to my week. The week started out great! But then it slowly declined. Tuesday was our big day with 2 member presents and a new investigator. But it turns out that that was the last of our main 2 key indicators. On Thursday we had the mission conference with Elder Gavarret at the Independence stake center. It was a time to reflect and hear how we can be better. Unfortunately, I was super super super tired when I got there and all the way through it. Don't worry, I got some good notes and still got something out of the meeting. It was also fun to see so many of the missionaries that were in my MTC district there. Elders McBride, Warner, Bartholomew, and Sister Hawkins were there so it was fun to see and talk with them. That was where I picked up the CD's and other music that you sent me. We've been enjoying them for the past few days. That night, I found out some more news that you ought to know. The AP's called me and I am probably going to be training a new missionary starting this coming Thursday with transfers coming up. That would mean I would change companions for 3 straight transfers. But hey, it looks like it's highly likely. So on Saturday I went to a training meeting like I did before. I was late and got approached by President Keyes after the meeting. But the meeting went well and I hope I know the area well enough to be able to know what I'm doing and who I'll need to see. For church yesterday, we had branch conference for the singles' branch and where Elder Hamblin and I taught gospel principles with the stake President there. Elder Hamblin was nervous but I thought it went quite well. It's been several months since I've had an investigator come to church. Ever since Mike moved to Mississippi nobody has come. But we should get one this coming Sunday. Hopefully the two people with baptismal dates come because that's how they're going to get answers to their prayers. One has a date for the 16th and the other for the 23rd of February. The weather has also been a hot topic here. It literally feels like a San Diego winter day today. 71 degrees and sunny will break records here. We plan on playing football and you know what makes it better? No bugs! It'll drop back down to the 30's by Wednesday.
Sorry to hear about all the sick kids. I hope Jayce is feeling better this week. Poway sure has some good wrestlers. How do they get them all? 67-0 is pretty drastic. Who's the best wrestler Westview has? That EFY music that you sent me really has brought the spirit and lifted my day for the past few days. It brings chills when I recall those Sundays sitting on the couch reading the New Era with those songs in the background. I think it's funny that Dallin's roomate said that he wasn't there. Do you know how much I get that? I have plenty of experiences.
So you're giving the next missionary report, eh? Hm, "Hello ward and all who inhabit it. Especially hello to the Elders sitting in the back row right...there!" Just kidding. I was just teasing. I don't know what to talk about. Just about how I've had 3 new companions since the last report. I want to say Hi to Michael before he goes. So Hi! Um, also talk about this new 3x5 card system we are doing here. Put 5 names on a card and pray for them by name that they will have the opportunity to receive the gospel. Our stake has been doing that for the past year or so and have seen many baptisms as a result because of members doing their prayers, acting on those prayers, and going with the missionaries to those people. Talk about anything else you want to talk about. But I want the members to get involved with the missionary force. I've been praying for some of my high school friends to receive the gospel so maybe start with them or something. But I have to get going now. It is always great to hear from you and hope you all have a fabulous week. Love,
Elder Sutherland
No comments:
Post a Comment