Family,
I apologize for the grief that I seemed to have caused. Yes, those feelings do still remain but after I kind of vented last week, I felt a lot better. I still have those feelings of doubt but it has diminished. Especially after some experiences this past week. All those letters from you and everyone were really nice too. I read some of the talks that Dad sent and they were nice and inspiring. I was so happy when I got that package. I couldn't wait to dig in to the yorks. So, about those experiences. On Friday we had a lesson with a person that says that they are strictly Lutheran and will not get baptized even though she reads the Book of Mormon and thinks it's true. She just doesn't have a testimony yet. The spirit was so strong when we watched the 20 minute version of the restoration video that Randy, her fiancee, agreed to get baptized and realized the importance of authority. He didn't come to church yesterday, though but we all felt something. The spirit removed all doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon could be false. That's what happens when the spirit guides you. Also, yesterday while driving through town, I felt a prompting to go try one of our investigators that we haven't seen in over a month. She didn't answer the door at first, but her English Mastiff came and jumped over the fence. So, she came out and we talked with her. YEAH!!! The spirit works in mysterious ways sometimes. (That is a HUGE dog by the way). Boy, my 6 month mark is on Thursday. Hasn't time flown by so far? That's what it seems to me. I remember the first day I was here just like it was yesterday. Also, in church yesterday I got to give a talk. I think I forgot to tell you when they assigned it to me 2 weeks ago. But it was on Alma 60:36. I sent you the talk this morning so hopefully you'll get it later this week. I was also going to send the program to you but it had our phone number on it and I didn't want you to call us randomly, haha! That would be bad. But I was pretty nervous yesterday but after a silent prayer, I felt fine and everyone said I gave a good talk so no worries. Our stake President, President Knapp, was there so it was nerve-racking. Man, he is going to be a general authority someday. Sunday school was great too how we got to learn about Moroni's promise about Joseph Smith. One of my favorite scriptures is Mormon 8:16 so it fit in well. We have the Christmas party this coming Friday so I'm looking forward to the meal. But the power is supposed to be out in the church from Tuesday-Thursday so we'll see how this works.
The ones who call us about our numbers is our district leader. And Elder Burden is great when he calls about numbers because he is so caring about it all. He came on exchanges with me this past week and said we're doing our best and that's all we can do. Sometimes our numbers are lower just because appointments fall through. But I might not be a zone leader for a while. I first have to be a district leader. Being a trainer isn't the hard part. It's taking the lead in all discussions when sometimes people tell us that you should reconsider you religion because your eternal sould is at stake. There's this one guy we tracted into the ither day who said "I was saved on July 22nd, 2002." I couldn't help myself from laughing to myself inside my head. Then he said you should really reconsider this because that book is wrong and your eternal soul is at stake. Once he was done I just said "have a nice day" because Satan wanted me to bash with him. But it won't work, hehe. That's an awesome scripture that you gave me, thank you. I have been increasing my testimony of the Book of Mormon every day during studies. Right now, I am reading about how Hagoth sailed off and never eturned. I have wondered why Moroni included that in the Book of Mormon. I just think it's funny but sad because Corianton didn't get to retain the record. Instead Helaman (son of Helaman) got it.
Congrats on your job and your stats class! Sounds like you're getting the hang of it. Thanks for sharing that experience in the temple. I'm sure it made a world of difference to you. I love hearing about the siblings! Keep it up Cody! At least you're not failing. Although those C's should come up. What classes are they in? When's Caitlin and Billy's moving date? If they send a letter to me, I want them to be in their Utah place, if not I'll need the DC place. And that's good that Jayce isn't playing with Jack anymore. What were they doing that was so bad again? Saying bad words? (please keep this part personal) I just wanted to let you know that I started to be interested in nudity when I was his age. I just didn't know where to go to act on it until 6th grade when it got bad. So that's just a warning for you in case you haven't realized the importance of this prevention.
About our Christmas call, I'm not sure what will happen. I'm pretty sure we'll be able to skype. I know we're allowed to but not sure if we'll be able to. We'll be at this family's house named the Yearout family (pronounce just as it's spelled). I'll find out more information about this today. Oh, thanks for the gift cards! I loved getting them and plan to use them today. You can try to send kissie cookies if you want. I don't know if they'll get crushed or not but if you want to go for it, do it.
Dad, thanks for getting T-dub's address for me. I'll sned him a letter next week or something. This is the last week of school before the break, right? How's the weather there? It is flat out cold and windy here. Overnight last night, it was 10 degress with a wind chill of 0. I'm just glad I was sleeping in 70 degree weather, haha. Thanks for your envelope and stuff in it. I read it and was grateful for it. I sure hope I can get more refiners fire because I want to be an even better missionary every day. I just think of Ether 12:6. That sure is an interesting week that you had. Saturdays sure are busy. It reminds me of that one day in ten that the early saints worked on the first 2 temples of this dispensation. I don't know if they did that for the Salt Lake temple, did they? Ah, sharks and minnows. I had to play that once with him. I got quite sweaty too, haha!. Well, I don't know if I have anything else. Tell everyone I love them and that Billy got the quote wrong on the letter he sent me. You'll see when you get my letter later this week. Love,
Elder Sutherland
PS: ...
"A big, stupid monkey named Kronk."
"Oh dear."
"And you know what else? I've never liked your spinach puffs!"
"[GASP!!!]"
"Never!!"
"That's it. She's going down."
No comments:
Post a Comment