Family,
I'm so glad to hear about the weekend's events. Is Little League already done? I remember it went into June. As I've said, I'm so proud of Cody and how he did this past weekend. Were there any other Westview athletes that did well? How has the Westview baseball team been doing, if you know? That's just exciting to hear everything about everything. I met a guy yesterday who's the same grade as Cody who just moved from South Carolina and plays football, wrestling, and baseball. He's being recruited by like 24 schools to play football for them! That includes LSU, Alabama, South Carolina, K-State, Oregon, and other big name football schools. He had a broken foot so hopefully he'll be able to heal in time. I feel bad for him because he's moving to a high school out here whose high school football programs don't even compare to those in South Carolina. Have you ever heard of Da'quan Bowers? He was supposed to be a first round draft pick out of Clemson a couple of years ago but instead got picked in the second round. Well he's close friends with this guy (named Chip) and now plays in the NFL. Pretty cool, huh? Anyways, on to my week. Mom, I was wondering, do you have to wear church clothes to work? Dad doesn't, so I guess it's just nice casual, right?
Last Monday was quite interesting. Due to the Potluck the previous day, my intestines didn't like the food I ate. I was needing to "go" more often than I wanted but I'm fine now. Then a little later while doing my laundry, the washer's spinner broke and therefore the whole machine. I don't know the entire details. I just know that that's what happened and we have a new machine now. So we had to go to the Argonia laundromat (I am so glad this tiny town has one) and pay $2.25 to wash and 75 cents to dry. It was a hassle but we got it done. I got my haircut last week too. Our ward mission leader's wife has been cutting hair for over 30 years. She did an amazing job. That is probably the best haircut I've ever gotten because not one piece of hair got down my shirt (I'm sure you know that feeling). Before I forget, how's Cody's eagle going? Sorry Dad, you give great haircuts. In fact the best. Everybody that was there witnessing my haircut couldn't believe how short it looked and thought I was crazy. Buuuut, It feels amazing to have this short hair again. She moves this week so no more haircuts from her. Tuesday my intestines were killing me yet again. But district meeting had to go on. I gave a good training and the spirit was definitely there. My camera was out of battery (weakest battery in the world) so I didn't get a picture of our district but I'll try to send a picture to you. Later once we got back to our area, we had a very good lesson with one of our investigators who is struggling to commit to come to church AND to stop smoking. She said she would come even though she has super anxiety problems. So we were super excited about that but she didn't come yesterday! That was a super bummer. We had zero investigators at church yet again. So other than that we had a pretty good week. After the appointment with that one lady, we were in a hurry for the rest of the evening. 2 appointments fell through and we changed out of our suits at the church. After dinner in the middle of nowhere, we contacted a referral, had one more appointment fall through, and went home. Wednesday we had 2 spiders visit our bathroom. They were pretty big ones too. I was scared to kill them so I let Elder Dansie do it, haha! We also went to Bluff City again and actually had some success getting a couple solid potentials and a new investigator. Apparently that city is the drug capital of Harper county. That's why we got treated so bad last week there. We also had another lesson with our top investigator and set him on baptismal date for June 15th. We just need to get him to church but he hasn't been coming. It's just super frustrating because he sets up a ride but just doesn't come. We had a nice discussion, though, as usual. And we'll see him later this week. Probably on Wednesday. Later we talked to this one less-active sister who is married to a non-member. She wants to go back to church but has health problems the prevent her from doing so. Our ward mission leader moved back to Wyoming on Thursday morning. Speaking of Thursday, we had weekly planning in the morning before beginning our day. We went to Harper later this day and it was supposed to rain a ton and I didn't bring my jacket. So we went back to Argonia just to get my jacket and guess what? It didn't rain the rest of the day! I wasn't happy because we used like an extra 28 miles to get a jacket that I didn't need. But we had a good work day seeing as many less actives as possible. We had 2 less active single sisters come back to church and a whole less active family. So we are focusing more on less actives right now which isn't a bad thing. After dinner we went tracting and met this guy with a sailor mouth and SUPER opinionated. I was bold about the gospel with him and despite my comments, he still said no. He was relatively nice, though. Friday we went to Wellington and had 4 lessons with less actives or recent converts. I also forgot to mention that Friday morning I was so tired when I woke up that I fell back to sleep on accident after the alarm turned off. Fortunately I only slept again until 6:38 but I vow to never do that again.
No comments:
Post a Comment